Mountain Biking In Meeker
Moab is a great place, - in January, February, March and April. But, starting about
the first of July seasonal temperatures there soar to unpleasant levels. In Meeker,
Our trails are a toasty 70- 80 degrees. Add our magnificent scenery, open campgrounds,
pine and aspen forests, No Crowds and high mountain lake fishing and camping and
anywhere else seems foolish! Turn north at Rifle off I-70. You'll be glad you did!
Trails listed below require a White River National Forest Map.
Several loops, moderate to steep, some easy in bottom.
- Fourmile Road to Middle Miller (single track/4WD) +/- 22 Miles
- Fourmile Road to Wells Ridge (4WD) ++/- 21 Miles
- Fourmile Road to Middle Mountain (single track/4WD) +/- 24 Miles
Ripple Creek Pass to Yellowjacket Pass ( +/- 36 Miles)
Several Loops, easy to difficult. Entire ride requires overnight stay. Lost Park
is a good place, or several trails return to CR 8- requires shuttle system. Or choose
- Ripple Creek to Snell Creek (single track) +/- 11 Miles
- Ripple Creek to Long Park (single track/4WD) +/- 12 Miles
- Ripple Creek to Watson-Dougway (single Track/4WD) +/- 12 miles
- Ripple Creek to Lost Creek (single track/4WD) +/- 17 Miles
- Ripple Creek To Moeller Creek to Fawn Creek (single track/4WD) +/- 22 miles
- Ripple Creek to East Beaver (single track/4WD) +/- 32 miles
Meadow Lake/Blair Mountain Area
Several 4 WD roads to choose from. Be aware of Wilderness Boundary on Ridge of Blair
Mountain. Check map carefully.
Bar HL to Three Forks (Hoover Canyon) to Little Box Canyon (single track/4WD)
Little Box is a steep climb, plan on starting at the top of Little Box Road (on Bar
HL road) and having a shuttle vehicle at the bottom of Little Box for a moderate
ride: more advanced riders can make the climb up Little Box.
White River National Forest maps are available at the U.S. Forest Service 970-878-4039
A ride guide featuring seven short bike tours beginning in Meeker is available from
the Meeker Chamber of Commerce. 970-878-5510, P.O.Box 869, Meeker CO 81641-0869